At Friendship Village retirement community, we make every meal special. Our Executive Chef, Nicole Hassen, delivers restaurant-style dishes prepared with fresh, locally sourced ingredients and bold flavors from a menu that reflects a wide range of choices and tastes. Our meals aren’t just great tasting; they’re also good for you. Our dining options are a vital part of our Living Well at Friendship Village commitment to optimum nutrition. And if you have any individual food restrictions–no problem. We can easily accommodate any special diet.
Choice of Menu and Choice of Venue.
Friendship Village serves up two beautifully appointed spaces in which to dine. Our bright, airy Café overlooking the picturesque gardens in our central courtyard is an ideal casual setting for sharing a breakfast or lunch with neighbors, family and friends. And, with its fine table linens and fresh floral centerpieces, our Dining Room offers a gracious, comfortable atmosphere for lunch and dinner. Friendship Village also provides a first-floor private dining room with its own adjacent kitchen that you can reserve to host up to 14 of your family and friends. You can prepare your meal on site, have a pot-luck party, or order from our Food and Beverage Department’s on-site catering menu.
The Dining Room
• Seven entrees daily including one vegetarian meal, along with a variety of side dishes
• Daily buffet, 35-item salad bar and dessert bar
• Weekly menu enhancements, including stir-fry buffets, mashed potato bar, and super sundae bar
• Beer and wine, including a Friday evening Happy Hour
• Room service available
• Lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday, lunch on Sunday (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
• Cooking demonstrations throughout the year
• Take-out window to grab a bite to go
• Wednesday Happy Hour from 3:30 to 5:30
• Breakfast served daily, including holidays
• Lunch served Monday through Saturday with monthly seasonal specials
• Soup and Sandwich Supper available on Sunday evenings
Our Executive Chef
Executive Chef Nicole Hassan has been creating a delicious and healthy menu for Friendship Village residents since 2015. She has more than 15 years of culinary experience, training at the Cooking & Hospitality Institute of Chicago and Oakland Community College Culinary Arts program. She served as an Executive Chef and Regional Chef for Compass Group in the Michigan market for over 9 years. She and her culinary staff bring a refreshing finesse to the menu creation and dining experience for the residents of Friendship Village.