At Friendship Village, we pledge to deliver a vast array of services and amenities without compromise, with a dedication to ensuring you an exceptional level of choice, control and flexibility in everything you do. Our attentive service staff’s single-minded approach always focuses on the person who means the most: You.
The heart of our commitment to stellar service and five-star amenities lies in our Living Well at Friendship Village program, a lineup of activities and opportunities dedicated to 8 Dimensions of Wellness designed to nurture psychological, physical and social well-being.
At Friendship Village, you have easy access to the recreational, entertainment and cultural venues of Kalamazoo, plus all of our first class amenities onsite, including our state-of-the-art Fitness Center, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, a full-service salon, woodland nature trails, and much more. In other words, at Friendship Village, you can have it all!
• Enjoy delicious meals in our restaurant-style dining room and café from menus designed by our Executive Chef.
• Enjoy productions and films in our Kiva Auditorium.
• Celebrate special occasions in our private dining room.
• Get fit with membership in our state-of-the-art Fitness Center with access to cardio and strength equipment and group classes under the supervision of our full-time Certified Fitness Manager.
• Be inspired by works of art in our Ann Harrison Gallery.
• Pursue intellectual and creative opportunities such as historical lectures, stained glass classes, creative writing classes and Lifelong Learning at Western Michigan University.
• Take part in volunteer work with church, civic organizations or on campus.
• Grow your own flowers and vegetables in our Village Garden.
• Enjoy catered events from our Executive Chef.
• Build something new in our Woodworking Shop.
• Enjoy a full array of activities both on and off-site coordinated by our full-time Life Enrichment Director.
• Join our walking club.
• Select a book in our Alberta Brown Library.
• Explore the Internet in our reference library.
• Stroll through the Village Woods Nature Preserve.
• Pick up some essentials at the Village Store.
• Indulge in fresh-baked pastries prepared by our Pastry Chef.
• Let us pamper you at the Looking Glass Hair Salon.
• Join in card games, movie screenings and social clubs.
• Pursue the hobbies you love or learn a new skill in our Arts and Crafts Studio.
• Challenge friends to billiards, darts or cards in our Game Room.
• Weekly transportation to the grocery store, bank, area malls, downtown churches on Sunday and to entertainment programs.
• Transportation to medical and financial appointments within the Kalamazoo and Portage area.
• Home maintenance, grounds keeping, landscaping and snow removal
• Emergency nursing and medical services
• 24-hour security
• Chaplain services
• Assistance-in-Living and Home Health Services