Friendship Village - Kalamazoo
Continuum Care Retirement Community
The mission of Friendship Village is to facilitate vibrant senior living in a Life-Care Community, and our vision is to have a community where people want to live, work, and visit. Team members at Friendship Village exemplify the core values of Friendship Village: Service, Compassion, Respect, Excellence and Friendliness at all times to our customers, each other, and everyone we meet. We are currently looking for a Universal Worker. The Universal Worker is a Certified Nurse Aide that also assists with Dietary in preparing and serving therapeutic diet trays to health center residents in accordance with posted therapeutic diet menus. This is a part-time, 6a-2p position that includes every other weekend. The goal of this position is to provide an open dining concept to Health Center residents.
We are proud to offer competitive wages based on experience and a sign-on bonus of $1000 for Certified Nursing Assistants!
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting, transferring and exercising.
- Gives treatments, performs tests, carries out procedures and collects specimens as instructed.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Transfers, transports and escorts residents as needed.
- Changes bed linens, makes beds and keeps rooms clean and orderly.
- Answers call light promptly.
- Prepares food per dietary standards.
- Serves meals in the Health Center.
- Sets up tables in the Health Center dining room and breaks down same after meal.
- Assists residents with eating.
- Transports hot and cold foods and non-food items to and from the Health Center.
- Transports residents to and from the Health Center.
- Adheres to written policies and procedures of the Health Center.
- Maintains safe and sanitary workstations and equipment.
- Attends in-service training and education session, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor,
- Follows established mandating policy and is able to work up to 16 hours (double shift).
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Successful completion from a State approved geriatric nursing assistant training program. Prior geriatric nursing aide experience is preferred.
- Ability to understand and to follow instructions in English, communicates affectively, performs simple arithmetic and ability to document care given.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org