Deciding On Independent Senior Living
As a senior today, you belong to the first generation to have multiple options for retirement living. If your children or another loved one is helping you make the decision to live at Friendship Village, it’s important for all of you to understand the options. Friendship Village offers a commitment to your well-being and independence, as well as an assurance of health care if ever needed. That benefits everyone in the family. We’re here to help provide you with the facts to help get you started.
Senior Services of Southwest Michigan
Senior Services, Inc.
918 Jasper Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
Phone (269) 382-0515
Fax (269) 382-3189
Michigan Parkinson Association—Kalamazoo Support Group
Alzheimer’s Association—Southwest Michigan Region
Considering a Retirement Community
Still have more questions before we make the introduction? Browse our site or contact us today!
Organizing and “Rightsizing”
We recommend that at least two real estate agents visit with you before you make a listing decision. Each agent should complete a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for your home, a free analysis that gives you an understanding of the current real estate market and how it impacts the sale of your home.
Friendship Village Retirement Community: Quick Facts
• Recently completed $15 million renovation and expansion
• 72-acre wooded campus
• LifeCare® program assures continuum of care without ever having to leave our campus, providing individuals and couples priority access to all levels of care, with substantial savings on skilled nursing care if needed, and assurance of continued residency even if you outlive your assets
• Restaurant-style dining with multiple dining plans featuring breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Free transportation to churches, dentists and physicians within Kalamazoo and Portage
• Alcove, 1 and 2 bedroom independent living apartments
• 26 independent living Garden Homes
• 4000 sq. ft. Fitness Center
• 82 assisted living and memory care residences in our on-campus Woodside community
• Private and shared long term care suites in our Health Center
• Health Center provides skilled nursing care that is 5-Star Rated by Medicare
• 16 private rooms in our new Rehabilitation Center
*References to the term LifeCare® are fully explained in the Continuing Care Agreement.