How does it feel to live a life filled with first-class amenities such as restaurant-style meals, a state-of-the-art Fitness Center, the beautiful Village Woods just steps from your door, and an on-campus, full-service salon? What’s it like waking each morning knowing you have access to fascinating educational seminars and lectures, arts and crafts classes, a woodworking shop, and a wide variety of cultural, social and recreational opportunities both onsite and in the entire Kalamazoo area?
Below, read testimonials from residents of our community that have come to call Friendship Village home. We encourage you to read about their experiences and find out why Friendship Village was the right choice for them. We hope you’ll find it’s the right place for you, too!
- “Moving to Friendship Village was more than just a move into a new residence; it was a move into a new way of life!” – Jerry McLellan
- “At Friendship Village I have everything I need to live well; socialization, transportation, nutrition, intellectual stimulation, fitness classes and equipment, entertainment, and much more!” – Fay Woolrich
- “My favorite thing about life at Friendship Village is the daily dinner. You don’t have to shop, prepare, or clean up! You can just enjoy a really good dinner.” – Marilyn McKinley
- “I’m very involved in Kitchen Band and Chorus and thoroughly enjoy both. Gary loves the woodshop and garden. We both adore the chef and the staff serves us healthy, colorful and delicious meals.” – Barbara and Gary Pleyte
- “I was surprised by the volunteer opportunities and fun events like the happy hours and picnic luncheons. I also enjoy the opportunity to attend special concerts and plays!” – Janet Hanson
- “I really believe the team at Friendship Village would do anything to make us happy, comfortable and safe. I don’t consider them staff – but friends.” – Barbara Pleyte
- “My advice to a potential resident is to move while you’re ‘young’ so you have time to enjoy the many benefits Friendship Village has to offer.” – Rena Brooks
- “Friendship Village lives up to its name. It is a place abound with friendliness and a sense of family.” – Ellen Plano