How does it feel to live a life filled with first-class amenities such as restaurant-style meals, a state-of-the-art Fitness Center, the beautiful Village Woods just steps from your door, and an on-campus, full-service salon? What’s it like waking each morning knowing you have access to fascinating educational seminars and lectures, arts and crafts classes, a woodworking shop, and a wide variety of cultural, social and recreational opportunities both onsite and in the entire Kalamazoo area?
Take a moment to meet a few of the people who call Friendship Village home. Learn from their experiences. Find out what was important to them as they evaluated their senior living options, and how they ultimately made the decision to move to Friendship Village.
Or just ask the residents of Friendship Village Kalamazoo. They love where they live and love to share their stories. See what living at Friendship Village means to them.
- “[I was surprised at all the] opportunities for volunteerism, fun events such as Happy Hour and picnic luncheons. The warm weather and the [opportunity] to attend special concerts and plays [are a great benefit.]” -Janet Hanson
- “[My favorite thing is] the daily dinner. You don’t have to shop, prepare, clean up; you enjoy a really good dinner with much variety.” -Marilyn McKinley
- “[My favorite thing about Friendship Village] is the feeling of security that help [is always within reach]. The availability of [the] exercise program [is a plus].” -LaVerne Triezenberg
- “[I have everything I need] to live well – socialization, transportation, nutrition, intellectual stimulation, fitness classes and equipment, and entertainment!” -Fay Woolrich
- “[I have enjoyed the] chance to grow flowers and vegetables in [the] Village Garden. [Another favorite of mine is the] drama groups and paid musicians/musical groups.” -Jean and Howard Whaley
- “I’m very involved in Kitchen Band and Chorus and very much enjoy both. Gary loves the wood shop and garden. We both love the chef and meals. The staff serve us healthy, colorful, and delicious meals.” -Barbara and Gary Pleyte
- “[The atmosphere really] lives up to its name. [Everyone around] me is friendly and [there is] a sense of family.” -Ellan Plano
- “[The atmosphere at Friendship Village] is very welcoming and [everyone] is open to meeting new people.” -Ethel Earle
- “[I have been very happy with my little apartment for 16 years. It has truly become my home.]” -Rosemary Russell
- “[I feel that this is] more than just a move into a new residence; it was a move into a new way of life!” -Jerry McLellan
- “I have never met [a staff member] I didn’t like. The ones I have frequent contact with are very dear to me.” – Mary Adams
- “[It is hard for me to describe the staff because] I really believe they would do anything to make us happy, comfortable, and safe. I don’t consider them staff – but more as friends.” – Barbara Pleyte
- “[I really enjoy the] regular cleaning of [my apartment] and the laundry service.” -Don Weaver
- “My family is very happy to know that I am in a safe and secure [environment] with medical staff available. [The residents] are friendly and the food is [very] good.” -Helen Schweinsberg
- “[My family is] 100% in favor [of my decision to live at Friendship Village.]” -Bob Birkenmeyer
- “My family is relieved to know that I am happy and safe with access to [the] help I need. -Janet Hanson
- “[My advice would be] move while you’re ‘young’ so you have time to enjoy the many benefits [that] Friendship Village [has to offer].” -Rena Brooks
- “[My advice is] don’t wait too long. Step into it, decide how you’ll do it, then do it. Get started!” -Ralph Jarl
- “[By moving to Friendship Village], relief will come sooner than you realize.” -Barbara Jones
- “I would encourage ANYONE to move to Friendship Village!” -Marty King