Friendship Village is the only retirement community in the entire Kalamazoo area to offer the option of residing in your very own, beautifully appointed, independent living home. Like our independent living apartments, the Friendship Village Garden Homes are just steps from the Village Woods where you can enjoy five serene acres of natural beauty traversed by paved walking paths. And with our complete range of services and amenities and full calendar of activities and events, Friendship Village is perfect for the active senior living you want. Professionally staffed Assistance-in-Living and Home Health services are also available in your garden home to ensure that you can enjoy your independence for as long as possible.
The following are included with your residency at the Garden Homes at Friendship Village:
• High-end finishes, including granite countertops, maple cabinetry and stainless appliances
• Washer and dryer
• No-step entrances
• 1.5-car attached garage
• All utilities (except telephone), including water, electricity, heat, air conditioning, and wireless internet
• Extended basic cable television
• Twice a month housekeeping services
• Weekly transportation to shopping, churches, etc.
• Transportation to medical and financial appointments in Kalamazoo and Portage area
• Membership in our state-of-the-art Fitness Center with full-time certified Fitness Manager
• Trash removal and maintenance services
• Grounds keeping, landscaping and snow removal
• 24 hour security, including emergency call system and smoke detectors
• Property insurance and real estate taxes
• Emergency nursing and medical services
• Chaplain services
Additional services can be purchased a la carte.
A Floor Plan Designed For You
Take a look at our garden home floor plans designed for your active senior lifestyle. Some Garden Homes have the option of a finished basement for additional living space.