Connecting You to the Things You Love to Do
Connecting You to the Things You Love to Do.
At Friendship Village retirement community, there’s always something to do! We offer a wide variety of life-enriching activities on our calendar of events every day—and it’s your choice. And through our Living Well at Friendship Village concept, you’re ensured that our programs are always dedicated to 8 Dimensions of Wellness, designed to nurture your psychological, physical and social well-being and overall health. Take up a new hobby, learn a new skill, or develop ones you already have! Set fitness goals, challenge yourself intellectually, and experience the arts and recreational opportunities here at Friendship Village and all around the Kalamazoo area. Whatever your passion, you’re bound to connect to the activities that bring you joy.
I was surprised by the volunteer opportunities and fun events like the happy hours and picnic luncheons. I also enjoy the opportunity to attend special concerts and plays!
I enjoy growing flowers and vegetables in the Village Garden on my own garden plot, and the drama groups and musicians!
Jean & Howard Whaley
- Artist chats
- Healthy Living classes
- Musical performances
- Lifelong Learning Academy through Western Michigan University
- Literature classes
- Happy hour
- Computer club
- Women’s and men’s breakfast groups
- Kiwanis presentations
- Arts and crafts classes and groups
- Theater productions in our Kiva Auditorium Performing Arts Center
- Massage clinics
- Cards and games
- Birthday social hours
- Movies and fine films discussions
- Sewing, quilting and knitting groups
- Third Thursday discussion groups
- Creative writing classes
- Shopping trips
- Symphony and Civic Theater evenings
- Trips to local attractions
- Walking Club
- Browse our Alberta Brown Library
- Enjoy our Ann Harrison Art Gallery
- Take part in volunteer work with church and civic organizations
- Spiritual health activities, including Bible study, Rosary prayer group, and more